Friday, January 29, 2010

Logic and Everday use

Logical reasoning is very useful when the brain can do it. logical reasoning is also called deductive reasoning. We use deductive reasoning when trying figure out puzzles or mind games. It is important to keep up on use your deductive reasoning in order to stimulate your mind. Doing sudoku puzzles are an excellent way to do this, or simply playing games like color by numbers or any simple math activity.

When figuring out what logical reasoning was, i stumbled across a website for second graders. I entered the website and it had six different areas of math. I found particular section 6, which was Mathematical reasoning. I clicked on to the selection and it came up with different activities for 2ND grade children to access, the sections i found fun were the brain teasers. Click here to access website.

One other website i ran into for logical reasoning for elder kids was here.

4 comments:

  1. I conducted the "Pica-Centro" game that is in our workbook for my IBL presentation. It is much like the game Mastermind and requires a lot of deductive reasoning. Mind games and puzzles can be a lot of fun and useful, but you just have to be careful to not over think your reasoning. Sometimes it is easy to make it more difficult than what it is in games such as these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree with what savannah said. When you showed the class the pica-centro game it was very enjoyable, and it made me think. So doing games like sodoku, and pica-centro is a good way to challenge your brain, and have fun while doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love logic activities. For my IBL project I did a logic activity including pictures and clue cards. Logic activities are a great activity to do with children because they are fun and they also make you think. I did my logic activity with the kids I babysit for and they really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also really enjoy logic activity. Although they are very frustrating at times, it is fun once you figured out how to do them. Also, they are great for brain development and understand math in a more detialed way.

    ReplyDelete